Information for Landlords
What can a landlord expect of this Council?
We will :-
- Pay Housing Benefit promptly, normally within 14 days of
receiving all the information needed to process a claim.
- Make payments four-weekly while a tenant is entitled to
- Advise the landlord if the tenant has asked for payments to the
landlord to stop.
- Only discuss a tenant's benefit entitlement with the landlord
if the tenant has given permission.
- Notify a landlord promptly if there is an overpayment of
What does the Council need from the landlord?
- Accurate information about the tenancy details including the
start date, rent charged and any services provided.
- Prompt information regarding tenants moving out.
- Recognition by the landlord that the tenancy agreement is with
the tenant. If there are difficulties with payment of rent, the
landlord's first point of contact is the tenant.
- Prompt repayment of overpaid Housing Benefit.
- Liaison with the Benefits office prior to instigating any