How We Pay Contractors
Payment terms are normally set out in the contract documents,
but they may be stage payments, annual / quarterly / monthly
payments or payment on completion.
Payment is usually within 30 days of receipt of a correct invoice,
unless otherwise agreed.
To ensure that your payment is dealt with efficiently and to avoid
delays, please ensure that you:
• submit the invoice in the format agreed in the contract;
• quote the purchase order number and / or contract title;
• address it to the correct officer and location;
• ensure that it adds up correctly;
• include as much information as possible about what the payment is
• only include requests for payment of supplied goods or
The Council makes payment by Cheque or BACS or Purchasing Cards.
The use of BACS ensures that the payment goes directly into the
contractors / suppliers bank account. BACS is the Council's
preferred method . Purchasing Cards are presently only available
for certain purchases.