The aim of Bedford Building Control is to provide a safe and
healthy built environment at home and at work for you - our
- To offer the best professional service provided
by quality inspectors who are impartial and take pride in
delivering an essential service at optimum value for money
- To make applying for Building Regulations for
your work as simple as possible.
- To help you ensure that work carried out meets
the standard required by the Building Regulations
- To respond quickly when problems arise and help
provide sensible solutions
To achieve our goals we offer
- Advice before you make your application
- Straightforward application forms and
- Same day inspection service if notified by
- To give help and advice on meeting regulation
requirements as work proceeds
- To review charges to ensure they are kept as low
- To provide a completion certificate at no
additional cost after inspection showing satisfactory completion of
the work. Most lenders will require sight of this document
when a mortgage is being raised on the property.
Bedford Borough Council aims to provide a
quality Building Control service and give Best Value. You can help
by letting us know when the work is ready for inspection and when
an inspection of the completed work can be carried out. This will
help us to keep costs to a minimum and to provide the service when
it is most effective in helping you avoid building problems.
Our aim is to continually improve the service and your suggestions
would be welcomed.
Bedford Building Control
Bedford Borough Council
Tel: 01234 718081