Supported Employment Service
- Our Supported Employment Service is a specialist supported
employment service for adults with a disability. We
support people to access employment and volunteering.
- You will need to be referred to the service by the Adult
Learning Disability Team who you can contact on 01234 276762
Aims of the service
- To enable you to access employment opportunities of your
- To support people in a wide range of employment settings.
- To raise awareness among employers of the employment needs of
people with disabilities and the positive contributions they can
make to the workplace.
- To create the right opportunities for personal development and
- To provide vocational guidance and advice to help you identify
your preferred vocational choice.
- To contact and negotiate with employers on your behalf.
- To establish paid work opportunities and work
experience/volunteering in response to your
individual needs and aspiration.
- To provide training and job coach support for you as
- To monitor placements – gathering and sharing feedback from you
and your employer.
- To support your career progression by shared evaluation and
career development planning.
- To ensure that you get the correct advice about the impact of
paid work on your benefits.