Older Peoples Social Work Team
The Bedford Borough Older People’s Team is a team of Social
Workers and Support Workers who provide support to people over 65
years of age.
When you contact us to ask for help we will ask you a series of
questions. The answers to these questions will help us to decide
what we can do to help you. This is known as an assessment.
We are available to take enquiries and referrals during the working
day Monday to Friday.
276168 or 01234 276094 (9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday ,
9.00am-4.00pm Friday )
For after hours emergencies only
Tel: 0300 300 8123
We aim to provide you with services to help you live safely and independently, based on
your assessment of need and eligibility
We will work with you to:
- Increase your independence
- Increase choice and control in your daily life
- Enable you to access other support services
- Improve your quality of life.
Services we provide
We sometimes assess your needs by telephone
and sometimes in person by visiting you, it depends on your
Following your assessment a range of services may
be provided. These services may
We also support referrals for Sheltered Housing.
Some examples of when we would arrange support for
you are if:
- you are unable to get out of your bed or chair or move around
- you find it difficult to look after yourself because you are
unable to prepare meals and drinks or wash themselves
- your main carers (relatives, friends or neighbours) are unable
to support you without help.
- your main carers are putting their own health and welfare at
risk because of the nature of the caring tasks.
- you have been subjected to physical, sexual, psychological or
financial abuse, or if there are good reasons to suspect that you
may be at risk of such abuse.
The services we provide will be reviewed on a
regular basis by social work colleagues based in the community and
adjusted according to your needs. We work closely with Doctors,
Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Care Agencies
and other specialist services.
non residential care
to see your record