Useful Links & Resources
Useful Links - Click on the name of the organisation and you
will go straight to their website.
- a national charity that provides services for children, young
people and families, as well as carrying out research on child
abuse and neglect.
- every child has the right to grow up in a safe, secure and
loving home. Vulnerable children need your help.
- is dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children. That
means we are part of UK policing and very much about tracking and
bringing offenders to account either directly or in partnership
with local and international forces.
- free confidential helpline for children and young people in
the UK. You can call them on 0800 1111 to talk about any problem.
They have counsellors who are always there to help you sort it
- UK government department with responsibility for infant,
primary and secondary education.
- The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent
Safeguarding Authority (ISA) have merged to become the Disclosure
and Barring Service (DBS). CRB checks are now called DBS
- is commissioned by the Department for Education, responds to
the need for professionals to have access to services, resources
and strategies to support these often vulnerable children and
families. Developed and delivered by Barnardo's and POPS (Partners
of Prisoners and Families Support Group), i-HOP, provides a
national one-stop information and advice service for all
professionals working with children and families of offenders.
- runs a wide range of services across the UK for both children
and adults, including national helplines and local projects;help
for children & young people via ChildLine (0800 1111) and help
for adults concerned about a child help and advice (0808 800
Pace works alongside parents and carers of children who are – or
are at risk of being – sexually exploited by perpetrators external
to the family. We offer guidance and training to professionals on
how child sexual exploitation affects the whole family.
Offers a free online package for parents launched in partnership
with Virtual College equips parents to recognise the signs and