Assistance for Homeowners
The overall aim of Bedford’s Private Sector Housing Strategy is
to improve private sector housing and its environment in the
Borough through the continuous development of housing renewal and
other strategies and policies. The main sub-objectives are:
- To eliminate health and safety risks as defined under the
Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS).
- To achieve Decent Homes Standard for low-income owner-occupier
- To support vulnerable and disabled people by enabling them to
live independently in their own homes.
- To eliminate any factors likely to contribute to ill health and
improve safety and comfort for vulnerable households.
The following types of grants and loans may be available subject
to specific qualifying criteria and continued availability of
- Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG)
- Home Repair Assistance (minor works) Grants
- Home Repair Assistance (major works) Grants
- Energy Efficiency Grants
- Home Repair Assistance (major works) Loans