If you have a concern about your home, whether it is rented from
a private landlord, a Housing Association or even if you are an
owner occupier but need advice or assistance, the Council can help
The Council offers a range of services to support everyone to stay
in their home and be safe, comfortable and secure. The housing
webpages provide all the advice you may need to get the support
that's right for your circumstances.
Sometimes concerns and problems cannot be informally resolved so in
these circumstances the best route to follow is to make a complaint
or request assistance from the housing enforcement team.
Service requests or complaints fall into these main areas:
- If your home has defects and is rented from a
private landlord or a Housing Association.
- If your home is affected by disrepair that
originates from an adjacent property (called a nuisance).
- If your home (all tenures) is affected by
serious defects and you need advice on how to proceed.
- If you have a defective drainage/sewerage
problem (that is not Anglian Water responsibility) that cannot be
resolved informally/through negotiation, where formal action may
- Mobile Home Sites - site issues and individual
- Long Stay Immigrants - property inspections and
Before reporting the complaint please ensure
you have followed the advice on the page 'Getting repairs
To make a complaint or ask for service from the housing team you
- Telephone 01234 718099 - Housing
- Email email@example.com
- Write to Housing Enforcement Team, Borough
Hall, Cauldwell Street, Bedford MK42 9AP